The iPhyCom (Intelligent Physical Communications) group is part of the Telecommunications and Networks Division. The research activities of the group are focused on modeling, performance evaluation, and optimization of communication systems and networks with focus on the physical layer.
iPhyCom is a multidisciplinary research group constituted by people with background in wireless communications, optical communications, quantum communications, machine learning, electromagnetics, metamaterials, digital communications, iterative decoding, semantics of information, interference management, cross-layer design.
The group mainly conducts fundamental research work with interest in experimental validation in collaboration with national, international, industrial partners.
- Information and communication theories
- Waveform design and information processing
- Beyond “RF” communications
- Physics of communications
- Semantics of communications
- Learning for communications and communications for learning
2022-2023 iPhyCom Seminar Series
- 21 October 2022: Workshop on Semantic Communications (Speakers: Deniz Gunduz, Nikos Pappas, Petar Popovski, and Mohamad Assad)
- 17 November 2022: Fluid Antennas and Surface Wave Communications (Speaker: Kai Kit Wong)
- 15 December 2022: Quantum Machine Learning (Speaker: Osvaldo Simeone)
- 19 January 2023: Stochastic Geometry and its Applications to Wireless and Vehicular Networks (Speaker: Francois Baccelli)
- 16 February 2023: Holographic MIMO Communications (Speaker: Luca Sanguinetti)
- 16 March 2023: Massive MIMO and NOMA (Speaker: Inbar Fijalkow)
- 20 April 2023: Space-Air-Ground Integrated Networks (Speaker: Symeon Chatzinotas)
- 18 May 2023: IoT Networks: Interference Modeling and Finite Block-Lenght Communications (Speaker: Jean-Marie Gorce)
- 15 June 2023: Integrated Communication, Localization and Sensing (Speaker: Henk Wymeersch)
- 20 July 2023: Machine/Deep Learning for the Physical Layer of Wireless Communications (Speaker: Jakob Hoydis)